With hundreds of residential, commercial and institutional projects installed, Western Solar is a leading provider of renewable energy systems in the Northwest including solar electric systems and electric vehicle charging stations.
We strive to design and install the most cost-effective energy-saving solutions for our clients. In so doing, we hope to contribute to decreasing our country’s dependence on fossil fuels and its contribution to global greenhouse gas emissions.
Our team leads have over twelve years of experience installing several megawatts of solar electric systems throughout the United States. Our experience gives us confidence in our services, allowing us to provide one of the longest workmanship warranties in the industry, 10 years!
Why Choose Us?
Solar is all we do—100% of the time. We are not just another electrical or general contractor who does other projects on the side.
Our electricians are NABCEP (North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners) Certified and as industry leaders are called upon by the electrical union to teach solar best practices.
Our Service Area
Western Solar installs solar PV systems throughout the I-5 corridor, including Whatcom, Skagit, Snohomish, King, and Island Counties. We have also done projects in Thurston and San Juan Counties as well. If you’re curious if we install in your area, just give us a call at (360) 746-0859. Check out our solar installation map to see if we’ve recently completed a project in your neighborhood.
What Our Solar Customers Have to Say
- Your entire team made this project a dream come true for us. The planet and the Palmers thank you!Bill and Kaye P.2.88 kW solar PV system, Bellingham
- During the whole process from initial contact to the completed job, we felt that the team was committed to installing the best system possible for our needs. The installation team was great. They were considerate and easy to deal with. Their work got high praise from the inspectors who cleared the permits.Ted W.7.2 kW solar PV system, Kenmore
- When researching solar system for the house we interviewed five solar energy companies. We did an immense amount of research, and while all the companies gave us bids that were similar, Western was the only company that took the time to go on the roof with a small machine that mapped out the best position for the panels, whether they would be shaded anytime during the day and how much power they should produce to give us the best prediction of what to expect. This gave us comfort to know that we were only putting panels on our roof that would generate the maximum amount of electricity and so far they are right on target.Dennis H.7.2 kW solar PV system, Stanwood
- Working with Western Solar was exceptional from initial sales inquiry all the way through to project completion and system activation. They have provided us with a complete turn-key solution with superior customer service. Communication with all members of their team have been professional and timely with the attitude that the customer always comes first. I am very impressed with Western Solar and would highly recommend them to anyone considering a solar system.Bill C.5.94 kW Solar PV System, Burlington
- I was referred by my neighbor. Josh and Eric were always available. The work was very fast and professional.Robin L.4.32 kW solar PV system, Bellingham
- Western Solar staff was a pleasure to deal with in all aspects of this project. I think they have a good product along with excellent personnel and customer support.Dennis P.4.32 kW solar PV system, Mt. Vernon
We are Western Solar
This is our dedicated team who work together every day to
design and install the most cost-effective energy-saving solutions for our clients.
Director of Sales
Markus Virta first joined Western Solar in 2010 as an installer. Since then he has finished his bachelors degree in Sustainable Design and has become a leader in technical solar sales and system design. In continuing his Solar Specific education he has found a passion for designing efficient and effective PV systems hand tailored to each customer’s personal needs....View profile
Callum McSherry came to Western Solar from London, England, via Denver, CO. In London, Callum worked for Emgen Solar, where he conducted desktop site analysis and financial modeling for commercial solar developments. After marrying his college sweetheart (a native Coloradoan), Callum moved to Denver and continued working in the solar industry at Ecomark Solar as the Marketing and Events...View profile
Eric Blatz, Operations Manager/Electrical Administrator, has been a union commercial electrical administrator in the state of Washington for several years and has been in the industry for 15 years. He is an IBEW trained electrician with certifications for electric vehicles and solar installation and has also recieves his NABCEP (North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners) Solar Certification. His...View profile
Cheryl Beadle joined Western Solar in June 2017, as Office Manager and Customer Support Coordinator. She was born and raised in Michigan and graduated from Michigan State University with a Bachelor’s Degree. She headed west shortly after graduation and fell in love with the Pacific Northwest. She has a passion for providing excellent customer service and loves being part...View profile
Outreach & Project Support
Trish Merriman, Outreach & Project Support, studied Visual Communications with a dual focus on Graphic Design and Web/Interactive Media. After spending several years working for a local real estate marketing company and another two years working on freelance graphic and web design projects, she joined the Western Solar team in July 2014. Trish is a Western Washington native and currently...View profile
Zeke Logan, Installer, grew up in Western Washington and has a deep appreciation for the Pacific Northwest. He served in the U.S. Navy as a Gunner’s Mate for four years and he studied Biology at Mesa State College in Colorado. Zeke installed solar in Colorado for two years with High Noon Solar and after moving back to Western Washington, started installing...View profile
Dana Hickenbottom joined the Western Solar team in June 2017 after working for 4 years at itek Energy, a local solar equipment manufacturer, as the Customer and Technical Support Manager. During his time at itek Energy he gained a deep familiarity with solar technology, manufacturing, and troubleshooting. He is excited to bring this expertise to Western Solar and experience...View profile
Craig Folsom, Electrician, graduated from Appalachian State University with a Bachelors degree in Appropriate Technology. He joined Western Solar in 2014 and has earned certifications for NABCEP PV Installation Professional and Solar Thermal and is an 02 residential electrician. Craig is a professional downhill mountain bike racer and has competed all over the country. He recently moved from Nashville, to pursue...View profile
Tim Black, Electrician/Installer, moved to Bellingham in 2012 to begin the Electrician Program at Bellingham Technical College. He graduated in 2014 with an Electrician Degree. In 2015, Tim started working with Western Solar to pursue his career in the solar industry. He is an avid backcountry skier with his heart in the Cascade Mountains where he enjoys seeking out...View profile
Getch Poole, installer, has a passion for flashin’ because he believes a well sealed roof is a happy roof. He’s been in the construction industry for years, and is excited to apply his skills spreading renewable energy across his beloved Pacific Northwest.View profile
Electrician Ian Farmer joined the Western Solar install crew in December 2017, after a recent move to Whatcom County from California.View profile
Andy was raised in the Pacific Northwest and attended university in Tacoma, earning degrees in Biology and Spanish. For the last five years, he has worked for National Marine Fisheries Service and the International Pacific Halibut Commission as a field biologist aboard fishing vessels. He settled in Bellingham in 2017 to be with his partner, bike, ski, and install...View profile