With hundreds of residential, commercial and institutional projects installed, Western Solar is a leading provider of renewable energy systems in the Northwest including solar electric systems and electric vehicle charging stations.
We strive to design and install the most cost-effective energy-saving solutions for our clients. In so doing, we hope to contribute to decreasing our country’s dependence on fossil fuels and its contribution to global greenhouse gas emissions.
Our team leads have over twelve years of experience installing several megawatts of solar electric systems throughout the United States. Our experience gives us confidence in our services, allowing us to provide one of the longest workmanship warranties in the industry, 10 years!
Why Choose Us?
Solar is all we do—100% of the time. We are not just another electrical or general contractor who does other projects on the side.
Our electricians are NABCEP (North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners) Certified and as industry leaders are called upon by the electrical union to teach solar best practices.
Our Service Area
Western Solar installs solar PV systems throughout the I-5 corridor, including Whatcom, Skagit, Snohomish, King, and Island Counties. We have also done projects in Thurston and San Juan Counties as well. If you’re curious if we install in your area, just give us a call at (360) 746-0859. Check out our solar installation map to see if we’ve recently completed a project in your neighborhood.
What Our Solar Customers Have to Say
- The on-site technicians/workers were knowledgeable and great to work with. We would hire this contractor again, especially the electrician Eric!Lee J.9.84 kW solar PV system, Preston
- Working with Western Solar was exceptional from initial sales inquiry all the way through to project completion and system activation. They have provided us with a complete turn-key solution with superior customer service. Communication with all members of their team have been professional and timely with the attitude that the customer always comes first. I am very impressed with Western Solar and would highly recommend them to anyone considering a solar system.Bill C.5.94 kW Solar PV System, Burlington
- I was referred by my neighbor. Josh and Eric were always available. The work was very fast and professional.Robin L.4.32 kW solar PV system, Bellingham
- I was really pleased with how integrated the installation was from beginning to end. Josh was professional, responsive and helpful. I really appreciate all the info we were given about the credit union and how production credits work. They didn’t just sell and install some panels and then leave us to figure out the rest. That’s been huge. We highly recommend Western Solar!Alexandra S.5.76 kW solar PV system, Bellingham
- My experience with Western Solar from initial contact, to site analysis to determine size and placement, payback projection and final installation was transparent, understandable and enjoyable.Lyle A.5.67 kW solar PV system, Blaine
- During the whole process from initial contact to the completed job, we felt that the team was committed to installing the best system possible for our needs. The installation team was great. They were considerate and easy to deal with. Their work got high praise from the inspectors who cleared the permits.Ted W.7.2 kW solar PV system, Kenmore
We are Western Solar
This is our dedicated team who work together every day to
design and install the most cost-effective energy-saving solutions for our clients.
Construction & Electrical Administrator
Eric Blatz, Construction Manager/Electrical Administrator, has been a union commercial electrical administrator in the state of Washington for several years and has been in the industry for 15 years. He is an IBEW trained electrician with certifications for electric vehicles and solar installation and has also recieves his NABCEP (North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners) Solar Certification. His...View profile
Director of Sales
Markus Virta first joined Western Solar in 2010 as an installer. Since then he has finished his bachelors degree in Sustainable Design and has become a leader in technical solar sales and system design. In continuing his Solar Specific education he has found a passion for designing efficient and effective PV systems hand tailored to each customer’s personal needs....View profile
Cheryl Beadle joined Western Solar in June 2017, as Office Manager and Customer Support Coordinator. She was born and raised in Michigan and graduated from Michigan State University with a Bachelor’s Degree. She headed west shortly after graduation and fell in love with the Pacific Northwest. She has a passion for providing excellent customer service and loves being part...View profile
Outreach & Project Support
Trish Merriman, Outreach & Project Support, studied Visual Communications with a focus on Graphic Design and Web/Interactive Media. After spending several years working for a local real estate marketing company and another two years working on freelance graphic and web design projects, she joined the Western Solar team in July 2014. Trish is active in the Western Washington electric vehicle...View profile
David “Zeke” Logan, Installer, grew up in Western Washington and has a deep appreciation for the Pacific Northwest. He served in the U.S. Navy as a Gunner’s Mate for four years and he studied Biology at Mesa State College in Colorado. Zeke installed solar in Colorado for two years with High Noon Solar and after moving back to Western Washington, started...View profile
Dana Hickenbottom joined the Western Solar team in June 2017 after working for 4 years at itek Energy, a local solar equipment manufacturer, as the Customer and Technical Support Manager. During his time at itek Energy he gained a deep familiarity with solar technology, manufacturing, and troubleshooting. He is excited to bring this expertise to Western Solar and experience...View profile
Craig Folsom, Electrician, graduated from Appalachian State University with a Bachelors degree in Appropriate Technology. He joined Western Solar in 2014 and has earned certifications for NABCEP PV Installation Professional and Solar Thermal and is an 02 residential electrician. Craig is a professional downhill mountain bike racer and has competed all over the country. He recently moved from Nashville, to pursue...View profile
Tim Black, Electrician/Installer, moved to Bellingham in 2012 to begin the Electrician Program at Bellingham Technical College. He graduated in 2014 with an Electrician Degree. In 2015, Tim started working with Western Solar to pursue his career in the solar industry. He is an avid backcountry skier with his heart in the Cascade Mountains where he enjoys seeking out...View profile
Getch Poole, installer, has a passion for flashin’ because he believes a well sealed roof is a happy roof. He’s been in the construction industry for years, and is excited to apply his skills spreading renewable energy across his beloved Pacific Northwest.View profile
I am grateful to be a team member here at Western Solar. Some of my background is from Fairhaven College where I studied renewable energies and permaculture, and also from Bellingham Technical College where I earned my electrical degree. I have 8 years of electrical experience and am excited about continually learning more in new areas, including solar! Bellingham...View profile