Solar PV Technical Sales
Washington-based Western Solar is a leading installer of solar PV systems in Western Washington. Boasting one of the most efficient teams in Washington State, we run a tight-knit crew with a commitment to high quality system design, professional installation practices, and customer service. We are seeking to add a Solar PV Technical Salesperson to our growing team.
The technical salesperson will develop and manage potential solar project proposals with residential and commercial customers with a focus on designing a system to best fit the customer’s needs. Our ideal candidate would maintain a high degree of technical knowledge with experience translating complex system design in a clear way. This candidate would invest in their customer’s experience and work hard to engage each customer in an honest and transparent way.
- Professionally represent Western Solar and be a resource for technical system design
- On-site solar resource and site analysis to determine suitability of solar for that location, including gathering all feasible roof measurements and conducting inspection of roof condition and existing electrical infrastructure
- Compile full financial analysis for proposed project scope and generate system proposal
- Design proposed roof layout in SketchUp
- Maintain knowledge of Washington State and federal financial incentive structures for residential and commercial projects
- Maintain knowledge of Local, State, and Federal Electrical, Building, and Mechanical code requirements
- Assist in outreach opportunities at home shows, solar workshops, and other outreach
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, Sketchup, and Google Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to climb ladders and traverse rooftops safely
- Display skills at conveying technical industry information in a customer-focused manner
- Ability to manage time and appointments effectively
- Professional in appearance, with excellent customer service and conflict resolution skills
- 2+ years of solar sales experience
- Associate’s degree or equivalent years of experience in a sales role
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- NABCEP Technical Sales certification desired
- Electrical experience
- Solar Installation experience
About Western Solar:
Western Solar is a locally owned and operated independent solar contractor in Bellingham, Washington and one of the top installers in the Pacific Northwest. We are a tight-knit team who strives to install quality solar PV systems at the highest level of workmanship. We believe in supporting each other and our community and aim to represent that in every facet of our company. We value integrity above all else. Our low pressure informative approach to sales enhances the customer experience, delivers high quality design, and builds strong referral follow through.
Pay dependent on experience and education. Medical, paid time off, and 401k benefits are offered to all full-time employees and completing continuing education courses is encouraged and supported. Guaranteed competitive base salary with escalating commission structure.
To apply, send resume with cover letter by email only to email@example.com. Only candidates whose qualifications meet the requirements of the position will be contacted.