Solar PV Installer
The solar industry offers challenging and rewarding careers and we are seeking to add additional installers to our growing team. If the following qualities embody your ideal workplace, let’s talk!
- Integrity in interactions with and commitments to customers and coworkers
- Meticulous quality of work
- A supportive, learning-oriented environment
- Giving back to the community
- Fast-paced growing industry
- Customer-focused mindset
- Ability to use your skills to make a difference
- Friendly, fun work environment
- Full benefits and flexible paid time off
The installer will be responsible for photovoltaic system installation from beginning to end. This position covers installation of all photovoltaic mounting system components, assisting with electrical equipment, and ensuring successful operation of complete photovoltaic systems, while proficiently communicating and updating project status with other staff. This is an outdoor position requiring work on elevated roofs, in harness, in inclement weather, throughout the year.
Job sites are in Whatcom, Skagit, King, Snohomish, and Island Counties. Home office based in Bellingham, WA.
- Complete projects within established policies and procedures.
- Complete projects within timeframes and budgets.
- Maintain high levels of quality assurance and quality control with an emphasis on crew safety.
- Ensure installation vehicle has all materials, tools, and equipment to perform job safely and efficiently.
- Assemble the solar array racking, properly seal all roof penetrations, and install all relative equipment.
- Work exceptionally well with others.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot system malfunctions and operational issues.
- Communicate with customers in a professional, considerate, and respectful manner, answering all questions and complaints to the best of your ability.
- Work closely with electrician to ensure efficient installation of electrical components.
- Ensure that the job site is kept in clean and professional manner.
- Maintain all project documentation, permits, manuals, and warranty information while ensuring documents distributed to the proper departments.
- Maintain communication with project scheduler and prepare for upcoming projects ensuring all parts and equipment are available and ready for installation.
- Prepare completed projects for final electrical and structural inspection.
- Must have full range or mobility in upper and lower body; ability to work in various positions and environments.
- Ability to lift, pull and push materials and equipment weighing approximately 50 pounds on a frequent basis.
- Professional in appearance, with excellent customer service skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Valid WA Driver’s License and clean driving record required.
- Maintain either 01/02 electrical license or an electrical trainee card.
- 1+ year(s) of previous solar installation experience.
- 1+ years(s) of roofing experience.
- Electrical experience preferred.
- Experience complying with OSHA safety requirements and regulations.
About Western Solar:
Western Solar is a locally owned and operated independent solar contractor in Bellingham, Washington and one of the top installers in the Pacific Northwest. We are a tight-knit team who strives to install quality solar PV systems at the highest level of workmanship. We believe in supporting each other and our community and aim to represent that in every facet of our company. We value integrity above all else. Our low pressure informative approach to sales enhances the customer experience, delivers high quality design, and builds strong referral follow through.
Pay dependent on experience and education. Medical, paid time off, and 401k benefits are offered to all full-time employees and completing continuing education courses is encouraged and supported. Guaranteed competitive base salary with escalating commission structure.
To apply, send resume with cover letter by email only to email@example.com. Only candidates whose qualifications meet the requirements of the position will be contacted.